When we think of Valentine’s Day, we can’t help but get excited for all the treats that go along with the love-filled holiday. That’s why we decided to create this simple and sweet Valentine’s Day themed chocolate covered apple that will be sure to make your valentine smile!
Supplies:-Apple -Wilton White Candy Melts -Wilton Micro Heart Sprinkles -Microwave Safe Bowl -Spoon -Natural Wood Heart Depressor -Mod Podge -Fine Glitter -Paint Brush
1. Begin by taking approximately 1 cup of Wilton White Candy Melts and place in a microwave safe bowl. Heat the chocolate for 1 minute. Remove and stir. Place the bowl back in the microwave and heat for another minute. Remove and stir until the chocolate is fully melted and smooth.
2. Dip the top of your apple into the bowl of chocolate. Allow excess chocolate to drip from apple back into the bowl,leaving an even coat of delicious, white chocolate.
3. While the chocolate is still soft, sprinkle an array of Wilton Micro Heart Sprinkles onto the apple.
4. Allow the sprinkles to set within the chocolate.
Now it is time to create some fun and simple decor for your apple! We found these natural, wood heart depressors at our local Michaels Craft Store and thought they would make the perfect apple accessory!
5. Using your paint brush, add an thin layer of Mod Podge to the heart portion of your depressor.
6. Carefully sprinkle some glitter onto the Mod Podged portion of your heart depressor. Gently shale away any excess glitter. You’re now left with a gorgeous, glittering piece of decor!
7. All that’s let to do is place your heart decor into your apple!
Your Valentine’s Day themed sweet is now complete! We also added a perfectly, pink cupcake wrapper from our friends at Hoopla Events to add a little extra pretty to our treat!
This Valentine’s Day treat is one the whole family can enjoy both making and eating! We think it is the perfect sweet for all the little loves in your life! Enjoy!