We just love Easter and decorating eggs with our family, and this year we wanted to try something a bit different! We skipped traditional hard boiled, pastel eggs and glammed up our eggs with a little glitz and a lot of secret sparkle!
-Exacto Knife or pin
-Foam Paint Brush
1. Your first step to creating a Surprise Glitter Easter Egg is to drain the contents of your egg. You can do so by taking the tip of either an Exacto Knife or pin and pushing it gently into the top portion of the egg. Continue carefully breaking away at the shell until a small hole is formed.
2. Drain the egg and then rinse with cool water and allow to dry.
3. Once your egg has dried, it’s time to add the glitter! We used a pretty mix of silver, pink and gold! We found it easiest to fill the egg wit the glitter by using a small funnel.
4. Once you’ve filled the egg with a fair amount of glitter, it’s time to seal it up! Cut a piece of tissue paper that is just big enough t o cover the hole in your egg.
5. Next, using your foam paint brush, add a thin layer of Mod Podge to the perimeter of the hole and then place the tissue paper on the egg. Add another thing layer of Mod Podge to secure the tissue paper cover.
6. Now it’s time to decorate your egg! We decided to spray ours with a metallic, gold spray paint and add a bit of gold glitter for a little extra glitz!
All that’s left to do is find the lucky recipient of your Surprise glitter egg and crack away!
And although it might be a little messy, we can’t imagine any child not enjoying a little glittering Easter egg fun!